Between bracket-busters to buzzer beaters, the first round of the NCAA Men’s Tournament is in the books. And it has truly lived up to being March Madness.
With a double-digit number of upsets it may have been hard to keep up with all of them. Below is the list of upsets;
- 12 Yale over 5 Baylor
- 12 Little Rock over 5 Purdue (2 OT)
- 9 UCONN over 8 Colorado
- 9 Providence over 8 USC
- 10 Syracuse over 8 Dayton
- 14 Stephen F. Austin over 3 West Virginia
- 11 Wichita St over 6 Arizona
- 11 Gonzaga over 6 Seton Hall
- 11 N. Iowa over 6 Texas
- 9 Butler over 8 Texas Tech
- 10 VCU over 7 Oregon St
- 13 Hawaii over 4 California
- 15 Middle Tennessee over 2 Michigan State
- Hawaii won its first NCAA Tournament game.
- First time a 13, 14, 15 seed won on the same day.
- Only the third time a 12, 13, 14, 15 seed has won a game.
- N. Iowa won on a half-court buzzer beater.
- Cincinnati’s buzzer beater was waved off.
- Roy Williams (66 wins) passed Dean Smith (65) for second on the all time list for wins in NCAA Tournament games. Mike Krzyzewski( Duke) is the all time leader with 89 including Thursday’s win against UNCW.
- Jim Boeheim is now tied for 5th with 49 tournament wins.
According to ESPN reports, after SFA beat WVA there are 0 perfect brackets left. Only one was still perfect after Mich. St. lost to Mid. Tennessee.
Round two is already underway! Keep checking back here for more updates.