Happy Birthday to our creator Kelsey Ceara Woods!!!
To celebrate her birthday here are 25 facts about her:
- Favorite MLB team: Atlanta Braves
- Favorite MBB team: Duke Blue Devils & SC Gamecocks
- Favorite CFB team: SC Gamecocks
- Favorite WBB: SC Gamecocks
- Graduated from Lander University in 2017 with a B.S. in Mass Communication and Theater.
- First professional sporting event attended was an Atlanta Braves game.
- Favorite sport to watch: Volleyball
- Has a 6 year old son named Jayden.
- Favorite TV show(s): All three NCIS shows.
- Favorite food: Pasta
- Volleyball scorekeeper for Lander University.
- Favorite sports memory: In person would be SC MBB upsetting #10 Auburn in 2018. Watched on tv, Bobby Cox’s historic ejection.
- Favorite all time sports figure: A tie between Bobby Cox and Coach K.
- Sports Icon she wishes she could meet: Jackie Robinson
- Favorite kins of music: R&B
- Favorite current NBA player: Dwyane Wade
- Favorite WNBA: Tie between Candace Parker and A’ja Wilson
- Favorite MLB Player: All time Hank Aaron. Current Ronald Acuña Jr. (basically 95% of the Braves roster)
- Favorite WNBA team: LA Sparks & Las Vegas Aces
- Favorite Current Coaches: Coach K, Dawn Staley, Frank Martin, Jim Boeheim, Brian Snitker
- Thoughts on the big payday MLB players got this offseason: Most of the players are not worth what they are getting paid.
- Most underrated MLB player in your mind: Nick Markakis
- Most underrated basketball player: Professional wise Lou Williams
- Most overrated sports figure: That’s a long list but for NBA James Harden. His numbers are way up there but if you drop 30+ every game but your team losses as many of those games as they won, are you really doing great things? Baseball would probably be Harper. He’s not worth his contract. If he isn’t hitting home runs, he isn’t hitting. For the NFL, I don’t have one. There are a few I dislike but most of them are starting to prove why they are overrated.
- Why did you create Talk Sports: I created Talk Sports for several reasons. The first was to build a portfolio for future employers to view. Second, more freedom when it comes to what to write. I was writing for a site that only wanted the biggest stories. I feel some small stories need to be out there as well.
Everyone show our creator some love on her birthday!!!